Can your fine area rugs last a lifetime? Vacuuming alone never removes all the dry soil. But now, you’ll have a soil-free rug with our new Rugbadger tool that gently vibrates all soil from your rug backing. Once your rug is thoroughly free of dry soil, the cleaning process is twice as effective. Next, your rug is safely cleaned by a trained professional who is experienced in all rug cleaning methods. No need to worry. At Steamway Craftsmen we have people bring in rugs all the time covered with pet stains and odors. Our trained technicians in Ames can take care of even the worst pet odor problems.
These are steps you should expect from a good rug cleaner:
1. Pre-Inspection – A good rug cleaner will go over any concerns you may have and inspect the rug for problems, stains and any damage, before cleaning.
2. Color Testing – They will check to see if the colors are stable before they clean and apply a dye fix so your colors won’t bleed during the cleaning process.
3. Dusting – More than just vacuuming! A good cleaner will put your rug through a duster, like ours that applies 40,000 harmonic vibrations per minute to the back of the rug, removing up to 90% of the dry soil before we even clean it.
4. Spot Pre-Treatment – This gives the cleaning agents extra time to work on those problem areas.
5. Shampoo – Your rug should be thoroughly washed, both front and back, with a special low-ph cleaner formulated to be safe, even on natural fibers.
6. Cold Water Rinse – Why not hot? Hot water can cause shrinkage and destabilize dyes on natural fibers. Cold water keeps the rug safe from these issues.
7. Fringe Cleaning – Your fringes should be hand-detailed, using cleaners that won’t degrade and waken the fibers.
8. Drying – After all excess water is removed from the rug, it should be placed on a rack designated to allow rapid airflow across both sides of the rug.
9. Post-Inspection – Every good cleaner will examine the finished rug to make sure it is ready to go home. Some rugs can be so dirty they will need to go back to step 5 to repeat the process.
10. Protective Finish – (Optional) Steamway Craftsmen can treat your rug with the most advanced fabric protector available to help repel spots and spills. It’s so good – we guarantee it.
11. Finishing – A final vacuuming and fringe comb-out should be done to make sure the rug is cloud-soft and dust free.
12. Wrap Up for Delivery – If your rug is being delivered it should be carefully wrapped in paper and twine to protect it while being transported back to your home.
Russ, in Rug Rehab at Steamway Craftsmen in Ames, Iowa.
Here at Steamway Craftsmen we follow all of these steps to ensure you have the best rug care in the Ames and Des Moines Iowa area! Call 515-232-8938 to make an appointment to drop your rugs off at our rug cleaning studio at 1602 E. Lincolnway or call for pickup. We’re experienced with all types of wool, cotton, and silk rugs. www.steam-waycleaning.com
Steamway Craftsmen Cleaning Services
1602 E. Lincolnway
Ames, Iowa 50010